Name: Large 180 Derek’s Dalek MiniTree
Based on Derekbackus’ design of his MiniTree made of steel, we have adapted his design to a cost effective coro version.
The Large Version of Derek’s Dalek MiniTree uses panels with 17 Pixels/RGB nodes for a total of 85 nodes in a 180 degree configuration. You can install as many or as few nodes as you like. The tree also includes our 12″ 20 node star that is held in place with two nodes and reinforced with a steel rod.
- 5×17 MegaTree node configuration 85 Nodes total
- Pixel spacing of 2.25″ center to center
- includes 12″ 20 node star (Black or white coro only) BE SURE TO SELECT COLOR, OR IT WILL BE WHITE
- Tree panels are available in Black or White or Green
- Made from 4mm fluted plastic (coro)
- Mini tree is 39″ tall without star and 50″ tall with star mounted
- The base is 23″ wide and the top is 3″ wide
- The back panel has a series of ziptie mounting holes to attach tree to a stake or 1/2″ EMT Conduit
- A small access hole has been added to allow easy access to the upper half of the tree without having to take the tree apart.
- 100% American Made from Material, Design, and Fabrication
The inside of the tree has the score marks for folding. Install pixels or RGB nodes of your choice. Take the star and install the metal reinforcement rod if it isn’t already installed, make sure it is in a channel that doesn’t obstruct a node mounting hole. Then bend the star mounting tab slightly just below the star to make it straight when the tree is complete and it keeps the reinforcement from falling out. Make all wire connections now. When you are ready to close the tree, install the zipties loosely until you have them all in place then you can tighten them up to make the tree close.